Subaru gives its Forester a significant and much-needed update for the 2009 model year. As a Subaru, it still has all-wheel-drive, and is powered by a boxer-style engine. The Forester 2.5 XT adds a turbocharger for 224 horsepower.
- The 2009 Forester offers naturally aspirated and turbocharged/intercooled 2.5-liter Boxer engines, both revised to provide better low-end and mid-range torque for more responsive everyday performance.
- New interior materials, including double-stitched fabrics and high-grade plastics, impart a feeling of higher quality.
- Forester is offered in a wide array of models, with the 2009 Forester 2.5 X offering one of the best values in the crossover SUV segment and the range-topping Forester L.L.Bean Edition offering more luxury without compromising the vehicle’s sporty nature.
- The 2009 Forester offers a navigation system for the first time as well as advanced audio system upgrade options.
- The 2009 Forester comes pre-wired for XM® or SIRIUS® Satellite Radio. An auxiliary audio input jack enables connection of an iPod® or MP3 player.